Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One step closer

Today I joined ecademy as a full on “power networker”. Quite what this means I have yet to find out but I’m convinced that somewhere along the line the secret to success lies in getting your message across to as many people as possible and in as many ways as possible. It brings to mind the biblical quote about not hiding your light under a bushel for some reason.

By the same token I figure that the more people I talk too the greater opportunity for finding something that works for me.

All of a sudden my head is filled with a million clichés about mud at walls, get on your bike etc. I suppose some inspiration might be found from the apparent honesty and transparency of the people I’ve come across so far in the networking world. There does seem to be a genuine desire to help one another which appeals to my idea of karma. The biblical reference again to do unto others as you would have done to you looms large but makes sense.

I already have a number of people to get back to. Some thinking on my part about what exactly I do want and where I want to go in life. It may seem strange to be thinking this way at 47 but the events of the past couple of years have given me a fresh perspective on life along with a renewed opportunity. Life really is what you make of it.

What’s the point in wasting time? Allcalma is the overriding motive behind my thinking. Now is the time to put those thoughts into action.

Heavy stuff for a Tuesday night but I did set out to write whatever came into my head when I started this blog.

Night Night

Mikey

No comments: