Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Alternative Healing

I had a friend come over today for a Reiki session. Essentially it’s “a laying on of hands” type healing process that originated in Japan. It has similar principles to acupuncture in so much as it rely’s on realigning the invisible force that flows through your body. By doing so it helps the body heal itself, reduces stress etc.

Well I had the session. It was very relaxing and certainly makes you feel very different after. Whether it’s the realignment of the forces or just the lying straight and still and focusing on your body, I’m not sure but there’s no doubt I did feel different after.

There is a sensation whilst it’s going on akin to self hypnosis / deep relaxation with all those colours and swirling shapes in your brain. Coupled with this is the (unconscious) desire to move your head a little like the feeling that you have during osteopathy but without the crunching!

So there’s another alternative healing tried. Whether I choose to have another go remains to be seen but it was certainly a pleasant experience.

That’s it for now. I’m off to realign my chakra soon with a few pints of Harvey’s and a curry.

Love and peace man.

Mike

No comments: