Friday, April 21, 2006

VFM

I’ve given up on working out how long it is since I last updated my blog. The world has been a busy place and days have flown by. Easter holidays take up an extraordinary amount of time. The kids were off for 2 ½ weeks and had a pretty good time it seems.

For the first time in about 2 years I managed to have all my daughters in one place at the same time which was marvellous and a great way to kick off the holiday period. My future son in law came too and they all went off to London for the day.

It has struck me over the last couple of weeks just how many incentives and deals and opportunities there are for all kinds of things if you know where to look. On that day they took the train on a family railcard that saved a small fortune. They went to see the changing of the guard which is a great free show every day in summer right in the centre of London. They travelled by tube still using the family railcard to the Tower of London where they were able to take advantage of two for one tickets that I’d downloaded from the internet.

Next stop was a walk along the Southbank which affords some of the most amazing views of the capital followed by a visit to the Tate Modern (free entry of course).

The day was only let down by a visit to a chain restaurant where they had a less than great meal at an average of over £10 a head. If we had used some foresight they could have also had a deal on the food front.

This was just one day out in London. People moan about the price of modern living but there is still plenty of value to be had if you know where to look.

That’s it for now. No further pearls of wisdom but certainly a greater resolve to seek out value for money in future wherever I can find it!

Bye bye





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think a summer update is needed x

Anonymous said...

ps that was me dad x

Unknown said...

I think you're probably right. It's remarkable how time flies!!

I'll get on the case later today.