Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Back on Track!

I can’t believe it’s actually been a month since I last updated my blog! What a month though. I have no excuses other than being incredibly busy and incredibly ill. But now I hope (fingers crossed) that I’m back to normal. But what have I been doing these past four weeks?

Well, I wrote another article for the Crawley Family Grapevine about Women in Business. I started at a networking event on a Thursday evening in Lindfield. I found it through ecademy.com an online networking setup I’d thoroughly recommend. I’ve booked in for an operation on the 4th April. I’ve been to the National Gallery. I’ve been ill for a fortnight’s worth of coughing and spluttering and suffered the rest of my family being ill with me! I moved back to my own bed after 6 weeks of single life recuperating from a knee operation.

Put like that it doesn’t add up to much but as anyone reading this will know, life has a habit of running away with you.

At least I now feel like I’m a little more on the case. I’ve also been doing a lot of reading. Everything from John Le Carre to Self Help to Recipe books. It’s funny how illness and holidays are about the only time that most of us get to read. It’s made me aware of the need to read more and to spend less time crashing out in front of the TV. Not that there’s been a great deal going on other than a new series of The Apprentice (with major boo hiss factor) and an amazing series called the Armstrongs, which on the face of it ought to be subtitled “Everything you ever wanted to know about how not to run a business” but is in fact a shining example of business in the modern TV age. This extraordinary couple now have a website selling “Armstrong” branded merchandise and have received record numbers of inquiries for their self fit double glazing. It certainly lives up to the title that BBC2 have given it of “The Amazing Armstrongs” As I sit here I’m also reminded that the papers this morning featured a report about Davina Macalls new TV chat show which is flopping in the ratings and suffering behind Location Location, a TV makeover show. Aint life strange!

Well that’s it for now. Keep coming back. I do hope to make some more regular updates from here on in.

Love to you all

Happy Wednesday

Mike


No comments: